BP3866 30′ wooden Guard’s van
These kits are generally printed to order so expect a delay between order and dispatch.
- Detailed 3D printed underframe (choice of style)
- 3D printed body with internal detail.
- Accurate ‘turtleback’ roof profile
- Brass detail castings from digital patterns
- Detail etch for luggage racks, door bars, plates etc.
- Screw assembly of body/roof/underframe using glued in threaded brass inserts
- Easy to glaze
- Easy to assemble BP1656 bogies
- Side doors can be built to slide open
- Chose between BP3862 (wooden headstock/truss rods) and BP5879 (steel headstock, no trussrods)
The patternwork for the kits has been from the original prints and is very accurate and detailed. Ease of assembly has been considered in the design and they are generally relatively simple to assemble. The instructions should be carefully followed, however, as construction is not entirely intuitive.
Clean up on all parts is minimal and kits can mostly be assembled with CA/epoxy. Detail is high and once painted the fact that they are 3D printed is hard to determine.
Fit of all parts is extremely good and little fettling is required. Downloadable instructions are in the form of a photographic build diary with accompanying notes.
Note that some examples in the accompanying images are fitted with scale wheels, but kits will be supplied with RP-25.
Couplers and not included, but available separately. Decals not included – a work in progress.
These kits will be printed to order, so there will be a week or two’s delay between order and shipping.